Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Office Repair for Lync 2013 popping up

I have Office 2013 installed on my Win7 Enterprise laptop, but along the way I failed to properly uninstall OneNote 2010 and some other components of Office 2007, like the Calendar Print Assistant.
The other day I decided to clean the GAC as it were, and Remove those 2010 and 2007 vestiges.
Since then, Lync 2013 keeps randomly popping up on top of other programs.
I needed to Use Office Repair feature to resolve and reboot.
Go To Add/Remove (start>run>appwiz.cpl)
Repair Office 2013.
Reboot.
No more pop ups.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John, thanks for the very useful post. How long did the repair take? Don't want to be locked out of Office all day! N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My repair took about 7 or 8 minutes if I recall correctly.

      Delete