Monday, November 11, 2013

SPSRI - Dynamics CRM and SharePoint integration

SPSRI - Dynamics CRM and SharePoint integration

I was excited when my speaker submission came back as accepted for SPSRI, a first time that Rhode Island has hosted a SharePoint Saturday and a first time that I have been accepted to speak.
I immediately pondered; 'OK, so what topic should a newb present that has not already been presented at one of these events?
I decided that since I have deployed countless Dynamics CRM + Sharepoint installations and have internally presented on the subject and written whitepapers on it. I would present this as a Best Practice and HowTo type of presentation.

As I said, this was my first time presenting at a SPS event so I concerned that there would be some Incognito hazing going on. But the speaker gods of the Northeast were kind, as well as Jason Himmelstein, Josh Cliff and Christopher McNulty,  and I escaped their wrath.
Plus, having my colleague Mike Gilronan along was a tremendous help. Absolutely read his recap, as it was quite poignant.

SharePoint integrates very nicely with Dynamics CRM and solves collaboration issues that we have seen with the other Customer Relationship Management system, called SalesForce. Our SF users often complain that SF lacks versioning and findability on entity documents. This is where DynamicsCRM + SP excels.
As promised, here is the slide deck that I presented.





No comments:

Post a Comment